October 01, 2009
Independence is not only limited to physical activity but also emotional, for example, a child can feed himself but he did not want to do it himself and ask other people to feed him. it can be said that the child is not independent. Independence of a child also needs to be seen from the age and stage of development. A 10 years child certainly expected to be more independent in many ways compared to a 5 years child.
Actually, since they were a little child, the children have had the instinct for doing anything themself, for example, children want to feed themselves, dress themselves, etc. But, sometimes their environtment less supportive. So that , the child becomes less self-reliant.
The independent children (accordance their stage of development) will be able to complete the various tasks assigned to him, so that, children become more confident. This confidence will make children grow and further enhance their independence. An independent child will also be easier to adjust to the environtment . An independent child will accepted by his friends easily.
Children who are not independent is often difficult to adjust to the environment. This can result in a loss of a child's confidence, so that, the child is difficult to grow and become increasingly dependent on others in performing their duties.
Read More.. Sphere: Related Content
September 29, 2009
- Selecting television programme which may be watched by children.
- Accompany when children watching television, tell children which act to be imitated and which should not be imitated.(would be even better if parents discuss the programme that has been seen with the child, so long the child had learned to distinguish themselves what is good and what is bad).
- Make a deal with the child about how long a child can watch television so that children do not continue to watch TV until forgot the time (forgot to eat, forget to sleep, forget studying, etc.).
- Stimulate child to perform other various activities so that children do not feel that the knowledge and entertainment can be obtained only by watching television.
Positive impact is that children can obtain additional information and knowledge. Through education programme on TV, children are also more easily absorb information and knowledge conveyed, especially because of the pictures that interesting, so children do not feel bored. Children love the voices that accompany a programme. For example, programme of an animal species, children can hear animal voice, learn animal food, the pattern of animal life, etc. Actually, television is one of the exciting learning tool for children.
However, television also has a negative influence for children. Children generally can not fully distinguish between good and bad thing, so they easily influenced by the impressions on television. It will influence on thought and child behaviour. For example, by watching a show that is violent, it is not possible the child will think that solving problems with violence is an easy way. Some children may imitate violent behavior because they think it is a natural thing (because children often see it on TV). Children can quickly absorb the languages that actually inappropriate for use.
The other effect , by watching television too long, children becomes less concerned with what happens in their environment. Therefore, parents need to pay attention on what their children watch on TV, and do not let their children watch too long, so that they forget their surroundings. Read More.. Sphere: Related Content
September 26, 2009
Sometimes the child is lying because the copy of the surrounding environment, such as children see their parents lie. Because parents are a child role model, so when children see their parents often lied, he will also imitate.
Children can also lie to get what he wants, for example, ali wants a new toy, so when his parent saying that he still have a lot of toys, ali replied that his old toys are broken / missing.
Every lie is generally have a reason for it lies, so parents need to be careful in dealing with children do lie. Some of the things parents can do is:
1. Be a good role model for children, because children always imitate what their parents do.
2. Find the reasons why children lie, if there is our attitude that triggers a child to lie. for example, because the kids make a little mistake we immediately angry and punish him.
3. Get close with the children, so she feels safe and does not need excuses when making mistakes.
4. Instill the importance of honesty and why the lie was not a good thing.
5. Warned when children lie, so children are not accustomed to lying Read More.. Sphere: Related Content
Every parent would expect their children succeed in life. Self-confidence is one factor that is required for the development of a child in achieving success. Children who have self-confidence will be more daring to try new things so that they can develop the skills. Also, confident child will not easily give up in doing his duties because he felt sure he had the ability. Children who have self-confidence will also be easier to communicate with others, dared to express his opinion, and not easily influenced by others.
Conversely, children who do not have self-confidence will always be in doubt, do not even dare to try new things, so much harder to develop his abilities. Children who do not have the confidence also are more likely to give up when facing difficulties. In social relationships, children who do not have the confidence, not daring to give his opinion and easily influenced by others.
Because of the importance of confidence in the development of a child, then parents need to help improve self-esteem in children. Many ways that can be done to help improve self-esteem in children, among others:
* Indicates the child that the child loved and cared for so that children feel safe and more confident.
* Provide opportunities for children to choose or make decisions.
* Appreciate what the child wants.
* Encourage and provide support to children to try new things, because it can develop creativity and independence training.
* Giving credit for anything that have done so the child feels more confident.
* Listen to children's story or opinion, so that the child does not feel slighted.
* Inform the child that we feel happy when he doing something good.
* Provide the spirit and encouragement when children feel inadequate.
* Do not scare kids often for things that are not necessary because it can make children feel insecure (fear) and did not dare to try new things.
It takes time and patience to build self-esteem in children. Sometimes small problems can easily distract confidence in children. Therefore, as parents, we should not give up or bored to make efforts for increasing children's confidence.